Monday, January 30, 2023

A Vegan Meal at Cenote Ik-Kil near Chichen Itza

I visited Cenote Ik-Kil on the way to Chichen Itza in Yucatán, Mexico. A buffet style lunch was included in my excursion. There was plenty of meats, cakes, pies, and other choices. I was pleased to see some vegan options for me. 

I enjoyed white rice, pico de gallo, a salad made with lettuce, tomato, and onion, and slices of lime. At the table we also had warm corn tortillas, bread, and a hot salsa. This was really good! I used the delicious tortillas to make small rice and pico de gallo tacos, and I put the hot salsa on everything. ¡Muy Bien!

A Vegan Lunch at Cenote Ik-Kil

I added a Mexican Coca-Cola for $60 (pesos). This was my first Mexican Coca-Cola enjoyed in Mexico. It was perfecto. I should have gotten another one to take with me. You can also see my desert which was mixed fruit.

Mexican Coca-Cola and Fruit at Cenote Ik-Kil

The service was very good with full service at the table. There was a bar for those wanting adult beverages. The dining area was clean and beautiful. This was in a spacious structure with a tall thatched roof and exposed wooden beams. The cenote was a short walk away.

This place was a tropical paradise. I highly recommend a visit based on my experience. ¡Excelente!

No comments:

Post a Comment