Monday, January 16, 2023

Home-made Vegan Peanut Soup

I decided to veganize a peanut soup recipe from Martha Stewart. I'm sure my version isn't as good as hers because I'm not a skilled genius in the kitchen. But the soup I made was awesome! 

 

Home-made Vegan Peanut Soup

This soup includes:

1/4 white onion, chopped
1 medium Russet potato, chopped
1 small bag of peanuts, the kind found in gas stations and dollar stores
4 pieces of baby carrot, chopped
1-1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup water
salt
olive oil
Kick'n Chicken Seasoning

I made my soup just as Martha Stewart's recipe says, with the following exceptions:

I only prepared a quarter of her recipe, because it was just for me
I added a potato, just for fun
I used vegetable broth instead of chicken broth
I didn't puree it as smoothly or strain it as recommended
 
After using Martha Stewart's instructions as a guide for my vegan peanut soup, I put it in the bowl and garnished it with olive oil and Kick'n Chicken Seasoning. This meal for one was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment