Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Veggie Enchiladas at Mexiville in Chattanooga TN

I found out the North Shore Mexiville had $7 vegan plates today, so I stopped by to try something. My choice was the Veggie Enchiladas. It came with chips and salsa.


These beautiful veggie enchiladas were filled with grilled onions, spinach, and mushrooms. The corn tortillas were covered in a tasty ranchero sauce. This was very flavorful, inside and out. The tortillas had a very nice authentic Mexican flavor. This was a very good meal at a good price!

But I do have mixed feelings about this meal. My concerns include the fact that the grilled veggies could have been grilled on a shared grill. Also the veggies may have been seasoned with butter. Vegan foods aren't usually this rich in flavor. Maybe I'm just too cautious. While it may seem a bit mistrustful, I do need to confirm that the food is 100% vegan before I order again. If I know the veggies are grilled separately in a vegan oil, I may become a regular at Mexiville.

Mexiville is a regular Mexican restaurant that actually has a vegan section on the menu. That's impressive. But each one of the vegan items include grilled foods. Like I said, that makes me nervous. But don't let me scare you away. The food was excellent, the service was friendly and fast, and the restaurant was clean. Mexiville is a great place for omnivores and herbivores to get together around good food. They have excellent daily specials like the 75 cent tacos and $2 beers.


No comments:

Post a Comment