Monday, December 17, 2018

Vegan Holiday Party 2018

I went to a holiday gathering of like-minded people. We shared and ate plant-based foods, shared a few gifts, and socialized. I will share with you photographic documentation of some foods that were available. I'll end it with the home-made Vegan Key Lime Tarts I made myself just for this event.

When I arrived, there was already a table set up with Sabra Hummus, tortilla chips, fruit, and a wonderful plate of vegan cream cheese and crackers. Wine, beer, and vegan holiday nog were the drinks available.

You can see that the crackers and vegan cream cheese were a huge hit with the crowd. Treeline makes excellent vegan cream cheese products. I believe this was the Herb and Garlic and Scallion flavors. And the Milton's Multigrain crackers are some of the best I've tried.

Milton's Crackers With Treeline Vegan Cream Cheese


One guest brought what appeared to be some kind of "meat" pie. It was vegan and tasted like taco meat. Taco shells were also available. This was very good and tasted just like real taco meat, but I was a bit confused by this presentation. I wasn't sure if I should eat it as a slice of pie or ruin potential pie slices and scoop from the filling.

Taco Flavored Vegan "Meat" Pie


One guest brought garlic kale with pecans. That guest took an empty plate home, because we ate every scrap of the contents. This was a simple but very tasty plate of food.

Garlic Kale with Pecans


One guest brought "chicken" and dumplings. It's been so long since I've had real chicken and dumplings that I have no idea if it tasted like the real thing. This reminded me of my home-made biscuits and gravy but with less salt and pepper.

Vegan Chicken and Dumplings


My drink of choice was this awesome coconut milk holiday nog by So Delicious. I wanted to drink much more, but there was only one carton. I had to be nice and save some for other people. This product was excellent!

So Delicious Holiday Nog



This vegan chocolate cake was a crowd favorite too. The taste and texture was as good as any non-vegan cake. The strawberries were a nice touch.

Vegan Chocolate Cake with Strawberries


Not pictured was a vegan chili made with Amy's chili and other canned beans. I coordinated with the chili maker and made some vegan queso with Daiya cheddar, pimientos, and leftover packs of Taco Bell taco sauce. We poured the vegan chili and cheese over the tortilla chips. It was a huge hit, but my photos didn't turn out very well. I have that same combination posted HERE at an earlier party if you're interested.

And near the end of the party I brought out my home-made Vegan Key Lime Tarts. I made these with lime juice, tofu, cashews, agave nectar, lime zest, and vegan graham crackers.

Vegan Key Lime Tarts


No comments:

Post a Comment