Sunday, December 22, 2019

A Vegan Lunch At Fern in Charlotte NC

Just south of Uptown Charlotte in the Dilworth neighborhood there's an awesome mostly-vegan cafe called Fern. It's at the corner of a small shopping village with limited parking. Fern is where I enjoyed the best cauliflower that has ever entered my mouth.

Check out this heavenly mound of plant material! This is the Buffalo Cauliflower.

Buffalo Cauliflower at Fern in Charlotte NC


This cauliflower was battered and fried like regular chicken wings and seasoned with a tangy Buffalo sauce. It was topped with dill dressing and diced celery and carrots.

Before eating the food shown here, I had almost no experience with Buffalo Cauliflower. I knew it was a thing with some people, but I had never tried it. During this visit to Fern, I wanted to try something new. And when I asked the server to name the most popular dishes on the menu, this was one she recommended.

Even with this being served in a small skillet, the serving size was large. I could have shared this with 1 or 2 other people. The flavor was out of this world good. This was comfort food for the soul. I had no idea cauliflower could be so good.

Another mouth watering menu item from Fern is the Herbed Potatoes This skillet full of bliss is priced at $6. The portion size will feed 2 or 3 people. Again. this was a perfect comfort food with an awesome flavor and presentation.

Herbed Potatoes at Fern in Charlotte NC

During this visit to Fern, the service was very friendly. The servers even seemed to enjoy their jobs and get along with each other like friends. I felt like a guest and not just another customer. The servers offer a large jug of cold fresh water, so refills are not a problem at all. I drink plenty during my meals, so this was great. The dining area is a light-filled room with rustic and modern accents. The environment was calm and peaceful at the time of my visit. The only thing that would be a downside to this visit is the parking. I had to drive around Dilworth 3 times waiting to get a spot. But it was worth the trouble.


Click here to see the Fern Website

No comments:

Post a Comment