UPDATE: This has become one of my favorite regular meals. I will continue buying this for as long as Costco continues to sell it. It's cheaper than eating out, and the quality is actually better than moat restaurant food now. I even introduced this to family members, and now they buy it too.
Welcome to Monk Island, a food blog with a new perspective. This blog documents my experiences as a roaming vegan with limited time, money, and resources. I search the land for simple, plant-based meals for one person, and I share those here with you. This blog is for herbivores on the go who don't live in the kitchen, don't have a kitchen, or don't have a home. No politics or extremist rants. Just peace, respect, and veggies.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Ajinomoto Vegetable Yakisoba
This is a frozen food I found at Costco. I was nervous about buying such a large amount of one item that I've never tried, but I do not regret it now. This is one of the best frozen meals I've ever tried. Once cooked, it tastes as fresh as restaurant food. The flavor is amazing! It tastes better than restaurant food! Look at the color. Beautiful. It cooks in the microwave in only 3 minutes. And the photograph doesn't even show all the yummy treasures hidden under the noodles. It's made with cabbage, carrots, broccoli, asparagus, pea pods, water chestnuts, edamame, red pepper, and shitake mushrooms. The ingredients list shows no questionable items, just whole food ingredients with corn starch and sugar near the end. I will need to buy more of this. The box was not easy to break apart. That's why it look's like it was mangled by a bear. My next box will look the same because I'll be excited to rip it open and eat some more.
Labels:
Asian,
Vegan,
Vegetarian
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment