Friday, January 12, 2018

Home-made Potatoes, Onion Gravy, Peas, and Yorkshire Pudding

For this meal I wanted to do something a little bit more traditional. This plate does not really fit the theme of this blog because I did use a kitchen for about 2 hours, but this was very cheap and easy to make.

First, I made onion gravy using onions, garlic, mushrooms, Earth Balance, salt, black pepper, Marmite, soy sauce, miso paste, and flour. I made my own mashed potatoes using only gold potatoes, Earth Balance, salt, and black pepper. I attempted to make vegan Yorkshire Pudding with wheat flour, oil, salt, and corn starch. I added some frozen peas on the side.

This was one of the best home-made plates I've made in a while. And I didn't use any recipes. Maybe I'm just getting good at this. The Yorkshire Pudding was more like Appalachian biscuits, but it's no big deal. This meal was very filling, so I had plenty of leftovers for later.


No comments:

Post a Comment