Sunday, February 9, 2020

Original Bitchin' Sauce

I saw this at Whole Foods, and the name got my attention. I wasn't even sure what this was. The ingredients indicates that it is an almond-based product that also contains nutritional yeast, garlic, lemon juice, and Bragg Liquid Amino. What a strange combination. I had to try it.


I like strange foods. And I liked this dip very much. I will admit the first taste was confusing. It took a few seconds to see where it was going. The liquid amino gave this a flavor similar to soy sauce. The almond, garlic and lemon juice provided a tangy creaminess similar to ranch dressing. This is a really weird product, but I kept going back to it. By the end of the day I had eaten the entire contents of the tub. This was good!

I would recommend using this product as a dip for raw vegetables such as celery, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. If you think hummus and ranch are a bit boring as dips, this product is a good way to add some excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment