Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Natural Factors Vegan Protein and Nutrasumma Pea Protein

"How do you get your protein?" Here's the answer to the question I get asked the most.

I actually eat foods that provide adequate amounts of protein, like spinach, broccoli, black beans, pinto beans, lima beans, edamame, lintels, hummus, Brussels sprouts, black eyed peas, green peas, corn, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sprouts, peanuts, tofu, seitan, tempeh, textured vegetable protein, wheat gluten, avocados, bananas, and plenty of other nutritious foods. Sometimes I combine those foods in one meal like beans and rice, spinach and cornbread, hummus and tortilla chips, or avocados and sprouts on a sandwich. I've been a vegan since 2009 and vegetarian since 1995. Trust me. I've never had an issue with it, even when weightlifting, hiking, cycling, swimming, and jogging.

Let us suppose I lost my mind and spent 3 days eating nothing but watermelon, carrots, and Chick-O-Sticks. I always have the option to add protein with a vegan shake mix. I will introduce you to the two brands I currently have. There are other good ones, but these were on sale. Notice they are both Non-GMO and vegan.



These products usually taste like a watered down milkshake. These do have a slight chalky texture to them, and chia seeds are a little bit weird at first, but these drinks aren't bad at all. I'll have a protein shake any time I feel that I need to supplement my diet.

The only thing I don't like about these is the way they settle in the bottom of the cup and the way they stick to the inside of the cup. I must continuously shake them, and washing out the cup must be done immediately after drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment